Be careful when entering numbers into a CSV file. Many spreadsheet programs do not allow or do not show leading zeros by default, which can be a problem if your data needs those leading zeros. You can work around this problem by formatting the cells in the spreadsheet program as text rather than numbers.
In order to set up your CSV files correctly before importing:
|Field Type||Maximum Length|
|Currency||15 Digits and a Maximum of 2 decimals|
|Decimal||15 Digits and a Maximum of 2 decimals|
|64 Characters including @ and .|
|Long Text||100,000 characters|
|Phone Number||21 Characters|
|Rich Text||999 Characters|
|Field Group(Label)||65 Characters|
|Store Description (Item Record)||4,000 Characters|
|Featured Description||1,000,000 Characters|
|Detailed Description||1,000,000 Characters|
Use out-of-the-box branding options to change look-and-feel of your company’s brand website.
- Navigate to Setup > Customization > Workflow > New.
- Enter Restrict Create Custom Record in the Name field.
- Select the Custom Record Type in the Record Type field.
- Check the On Create check box.
- Set Trigger Type to Before Record Load.
- Set the Event Type to Create.
- Click the button next to the Condition field.
- Select User Role under the Field column.
- Set the Compare Type to any of.
- Click the Select Multiple button in the Selection column.
- Select the roles that should be restricted from creating new records.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
- Check the Execute as Admin check box in the Basic Information section of the workflow summary.
- Set the Release Status to Released.
- Check the Enable Logging check box.