Purchase Request is a transaction generated by various employees of an organisation to request Purchasing department to procure a particular quantity of a material or a service for a particular date.
- If Approval Routing feature is enabled, purchase request requires approval by a supervisor or approver to turn into a purchase order.
- In NetSuite Purchase Request can be done only through the employee center if the administrator enable the Purchase request feature.
To Enable Purchase Request In NetSuite: Go to Setup > Company > Enable Features > Employees > Purchase Request
To create Purchase Request: In Employee center click on Enter Purchase Request Button
- Select the Vendor who provides the goods and services which are selected under the Items Subtab
- In the Receive by field select the date you want to receive the order
- Select the department, class, location to associate with the purchase request
- Vendor currency will be auto populated but you can change in case if your company uses the multiple currencies. The selected currency will be used for all the related transactions of that purchase request.
- To Request Items to be purchased click the Items subtab
- Select the Item and enter the quantity to be purchased
- Click Save
Remaining all other fields in the form are optional.
Assigning Supervisor and Approver to the employee: Go to Lists > Employees > List
- Edit the requester employee record
- Select the Supervisor in the supervisor filed
- Click the Human Resource Subtab
- Under the Expense and Purchasing field group select the Purchase Approver and the approval limits.
- Install the Purchase Request Approval Workflow bundle or write the approval workflow for purchase request approvals.
- Approver will have the remainder “Purchase Requests To Approve”. In Employee center dashboard
- On click of purchase requests to approve all the pending purchase requests will be displayed.
- View the record and you can see approve and reject buttons.
- Once approved “convert to order” button will displayed
- On click of “Convert to order” button Purchase Request Converts into Purchase Order with same internal ID
By using Purchase request employees can request the purchasing department to purchase goods and service to be purchased.