NetSuite Configuration Steps:
- To Integrate Outlook with NetSuite first enable the following features in NetSuite (Path: Setup – Company – Enable Features – SuiteCloud).
- Custom Records
- Client SuiteScript
- Server SuiteScript
- Suite Talk (Web Services)
- Create an employee with name as “Outlook External Organizer”.
- Search for Outlook Integration bundle on Enable features (Path: Setup – Company – Enable Features – SuiteCloud – Integration Add-ons – Outlook Integration).
- On General Preferences (Path: Setup – Company – General Preferences – Custom Preferences – NetSuite for Outlook) select the following fields and save.
- Outlook External Organizer (Select the employee which we have created first)
- Outlook Bundle ID (Enter the Bundle ID)
- Outlook Bundle Version (Enter the Bundle Version)
- Install the Bundle on NetSuite.
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles, and grant the following permissions to each NetSuite role that is being used to sync with Outlook:
- Lists: Perform Search – View level.
- Setup: Outlook Integration 3.0 – Full level.
- Setup: Web Services – Full level (only required if you want to users to be able to enter criteria for the records they sync).
- Go to Outlook Sync Configurations (Path: Setup – Company – NetSuite Account Information – Outlook Sync Configurations) to create configurations for the NetSuite roles that are being used to sync with Outlook.
Note: You may need to log out of NetSuite and log back in again to see the link to Outlook Sync Configurations.
- Enter the Name for Sync Configuration, and select the roles to integrate with Outlook.
- Select the settings which you want to integrate, you can also lock those settings as administrator.
- Choose how and when contacts are synchronized between NetSuite and Outlook and how to resolve instances where information in Outlook does not match NetSuite.
- Synchronize type
- Synchronize time
- Conflict Resolution &
- Contact Restriction
- Choose the fields that are required for contacts to be able to sync to NetSuite. Contacts without information in all of the fields selected cannot be synced.
- Likewise repeat step 11&12 for Events, Tasks, Phone Calls, & Messages
- In Messages select types of records in NetSuite you want to attach email messages to
- Configure Outlook
- Give NetSuite Login ID & Password and NetSuite account number.
- When you click next
- Set Sync settings for contacts, Events, Tasks, Phone Calls, Messages, Calendar
- Then Select the transaction types that messages to be attached with
- Then it sync data to Outlook from NetSuite.
Leave a Reply