Sales order helps in tracking:
- What items / services customer has ordered
- Tracking of items to be pulled from inventory for shipping.
- To know order status of items which items are shipped and which are not.
Creation of Sales order:-
Sales order can be created in two ways
- When an estimate is present you can convert the estimate into sales order directly. See Fig 1.1 for creating sales order from estimate.
- You can create new sales order directly. See Fig 1.2 for creating sales order directly.
Creating Sales order from Estimate :-
Go to Transactions > Sales > Prepare Estimates > List
Open the estimate which you want to convert as sales order in view mode and click on “sales order” button.
Creating New Sales Order :-
Go to Transactions > Sales > Enter Sales Order
- Select the customer to whom you want raise sales order, customer subsidiary and currency are automatically populated
- Enter classifications if you want to tag the sales order to department or location.
- Add items which are ordered by customer under items subtab , enter quantity and save the sales order
- By default sales order will be pending approval once approved then it enters into fulfillment queue.
Impact of Sales order on Accounting:
Sales order doesn’t impact accounting until and unless the items are shipped or the services are completed.
Generic Flow of Sales Order