Email case capture feature automatically converts customer support email into NetSuite support case.
To enable this feature in Netsuite: Goto Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features, enable the Email case capture.
Case Capture is used to collect the emails and convert, but when a company have specific requirements of their business to receive the emails related to the service or case channels, create a case profiles for advanced customer support.
Case Profiles are used to create additional support addresses and path support issues to a particular support address.
To create case profiles: Goto Setup > Support > Case Management > Case Profiles
- Enter a name for the case profile, in the Name field.
- Enter the name you want to show in the From field on email notifications. In the From Name field
- Enter the email address you want to show in the From field on email notifications In the From Email Address field. This will be the email address for email sent from the reply field in the case record.
- Select the Anonymous Customer — Online Form, When a case is created through online and this Anonymous customer record will be mapped to the case when customer does not match to the existing customer records.
- Select the Anonymous Customer — Inbound Email, When a case is created through email and this Anonymous customer record will be mapped to the case when customer email does not match to the existing customer records.
- Under Notification Subtab Select the Customer Notification Templates you want to use to notify customers when cases are created, updated, closed, or escalated.
- Select the Employee Notification Templates you want to use to notify employees when cases are assigned, updated. Updates are cc’d to another employee when a case is escalated.
General NetSuite case capture address: Go to Setup > Support > Preferences > Support Preferences, click on the Inbound Email subtab. We can find the general NetSuite Inbound email address.
NetSuite address attached to a case profile: Go to Setup > Support > Case Management > Case Profiles, create a new case profile, the NetSuite Inbound Email Address will be generated after saving the case profile record.
How to set up an Email Forwarding for a Mailbox:
- To add contact with your Netsuite address to user support address for example email@example.com
- Need to active forwarding from user support address to netsuite address
Instructions on how to set up these email forwarding, please consult the following Microsoft support pages:
After setting up the case profiles and email forwarding, and now support email is automatically routed to the respective product team and appears in the relevant case list in NetSuite.