Like most of the good things in life, NetSuite is much more than the sum of its parts. And perhaps no other ingredient does more to make NetSuite an integral solution for every business than the SuiteCloud Platform.
By putting a powerful set of customization, extensibility, development and integration tools into the hands of systems integrators, solutions providers, developers, analysts and ISVs, the SuiteCloud Platform supercharges the NetSuite environment by providing unlimited opportunities to innovate and stay ahead of the competition.
The SuiteCloud "stack" -- which consists of enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure, applications and development tools that provide access to and control most of NetSuite product features and data elements -- enables customers to build, deploy and customize business applications at a fraction of the time and financial cost that other cloud ERP offerings demand.
And as powerful as the SuiteCloud Platform has been up until now, NetSuite 2019 Release 2 ups the ante, delivering significant new options for developers to further customize and extend NetSuite. In particular, the enhancements in the latest release focus on evolving the developer and administrator experience by making it easier to do everything from localize applications to improve security.
SuiteCloud Platform Highlights
Here's a sample of what the 2019 Release 2 SuiteCloud Platform brings to the NetSuite environment:
- Early access to REST web services and general availability SOAP services improves options for integration NetSuite data to external systems.
- New product localization and internationalization features make it easy to deploy language-specific localizations to NetSuite accounts and translate applications using localization workflows optimized for international customers.
- Extensions to the SuiteCloud DevelopmentFramework (SDF) provide updated object support for address forms and custom transaction fields, as well as simplified deployment of SuiteAnalytics workbooks and datasets to NetSuite accounts.
- An updated WebStorm IDE adds several improvements to the developer experience, such as access to more object types and the ability to manage object and script scaffolding.
- OpenID Connect SSO authentication provides an alternative to SAML single sign-on and allows for seamless switching between roles.
- New 3-stage token-based authentication and simplified access management.
- New administrator tools such as a network health dashboard and outbound email logging provide improved account transparency.
In summary, SuiteCloud Platform enhancements available in this release help customers meet the unique requirements of their organizations by enabling them to make use of a wide range of solutions such as SuiteTalk for extensible cloud integration, SuiteFlow for workflow process customization and SuiteAnalytics for business intelligence. And that's just scratching the surface.
Learn More About NetSuite 2019 Release 2
There's so much to the updated SuiteCloud Platform in 2019 Release 2. Be sure to check out the release notes for a full list of benefits that NetSuite's latest release can bring to your organization and the blog highlighting new functionality for all organizations.
Finally, for a hands-on primer, be sure to access your included preview account as soon as it's available. There, you'll be able to see how the new features will work with your own data and get a jumpstart on maximizing the impact of NetSuite 2019 Release 2..
Source of the blog: Netsuite blog