Running an organization is a complex undertaking, mandating companies to derive as much value from their business applications as possible. Perhaps no capability does more to ensure that customers are able to realize distinct business advantage from NetSuite than the SuiteCloud Platform.
Software developers and administrators around the globe leverage the SuiteCloud Platform to customize and extend their organizations' NetSuite environments, not only to solve the unique challenges they face, but also to maximize the return on their ERP, ecommerce and HR investments. They count on the NetSuite Platform’s comprehensive and evolving array of customization and integration solutions to address these challenges.
NetSuite 2020 Release 1 continues to deliver on this promise by delivering a number of significant enhancements to the SuiteCloud Platform. From updated software development lifecycle tools in the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) capabilities to the new in-product SuiteApp Marketplace, NetSuite 2020 Release 1 raises the stakes, giving developers more options than ever to become more agile and productive.
What's more, these newly enhanced SuiteCloud Platform tools can accelerate DevOps efforts, as well as streamline and automate develop, test and deploy efforts. To top it off, SuiteScript 2.1 supports the latest version of ECMAScript, includes a variety of new REST web service features, and a broad array of SuiteScript APIs that make it possible to customize, integrate and extend NetSuite as never before.
SuiteCloud Platform Highlights
Here's a sampling of new NetSuite 2020 Release 1 SuiteCloud Platform capabilities available within your NetSuite environment:
- Generally available REST web services enable external applications to securely integrate with NetSuite, and includes support for custom records, expanded CRUD (Create, Read, Update Delete) operations, record collection filtering, and executable Record Actions.
- A new REST API browser provides developers with a visual overview of API structure and function.
- The SuiteQL API enables the creation of fast and scalable applications, and significantly improves query performance and efficiency.
- The updated SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) improves developer productivity and broadens support for application features. SDF-enabled SuiteScript customizations make it easy to create and modify forms natively in SuiteScript, and the new open-sourced Node.JS Command Line Interface (CLI) aids in attaining DevOps objectives such as Continuous Development and Integration (CI/CD).
- Enhanced auditing and change management features add robustness to core auditing functions in the new System Notes v2 implementation.
- SuiteFlow now features expanded support for expense automation, and workflow actions such as data validations no longer require custom scripting skills.
- The new SuiteApp Marketplace introduces a new consumer-like experience natively within the NetSuite UI for discovering, distributing and consuming SuiteApps.
In summary, the SuiteCloud enhancements in NetSuite 2020 Release 1 will help customers and partners meet the unique requirements of their organizations by enabling them to customize NetSuite by leveraging technologies such as SuiteTalk for extensible cloud integration, SuiteFlow for workflow process automation, and SuiteAnalytics for business intelligence.
Learn More About the NetSuite 2020 Release 1
These are just the highlights! There are simply too many enhancements to the SuiteCloud Platform in this release to cover in a single blog post. To learn more about the complete list of new Platform features, be sure to read the Release Notes.
New to the release process? Learn more about it here.
Finally, be sure to request access to your Release Preview account. There, you can test to see how the new features will work with your own data and get a jumpstart on maximizing the impact of NetSuite 2020 Release 1.
Source of the blog: Netsuite blog