It’s that time of the year again – NetSuite’s next release. As a true cloud solution, NetSuite upgrades all accounts twice a year – typically in Q1 and Q3. Our customers benefit from always being on the latest release with the ability to use the latest technologies and capabilities to help drive their businesses forward.
We are excited to announce the new 17.2 Release of NetSuite. In addition to providing product improvements, the 17.2 release also launches many new features. Factoring all the customer expectations, feedback and requirements into product deliverables every six months can be daunting, but NetSuite has been doing this for decades and making good on the promises of ambitious roadmaps that include semi-annual release cycles. This is how we provide true value to our customers and gain new customers, including winning many away from legacy ERP providers who can’t react as fast.
Watch a Sneak Peek to catch a preview of what’s new across many different industries. Highlights of the 17.2 release include:
For Product Companies – A sophisticated solution streamlining Inventory, production and quality
- Streamline operations for maximum production efficiency with reimagined Bill of Materials module. Ensure delivery of high-quality products and reduce the cost of quality with the new Quality Management module. Track, manage, bill and receive inbound shipments with the new Inbound Shipment Management. Improve processing performance, ease-of-use for viewing, creating and maintaining inventory items and locations with new Item Location Configuration.
For Services Companies – Providing increased efficiency, accuracy and visibility into projects, resources and profitability
- Keep pace with evolving revenue standards and ASC 606 compliance with new Prospective Change Order Management. Customers get more accurate project profitability through improved configuration with the new Advanced Project Profitability Report. A streamlined and intuitive experience now includes a new UI for Weekly Timesheets and better controls to minimize errors when planning future rate changes with new effective dates on Billing Rate Cards.
Global Financials – More automation and simplification of complex multi-company financials
- NetSuite OneWorld Multi-Book customers gain more control over their intercompany accounting with Advanced ICJE enhancements. They can compare and reconcile financial results across books with new Multi-Book Balance Sheet and Multi-Book Income Statement reports. NetSuite Cash Management delivers key capabilities for intelligent, accurate, real-time cash management while providing an exceptional user interface, user experience and performance.
Omnichannel Commerce – Expand web store functionality with new site management tools capability and added POS capabilities
- The SuiteCommerce site management tools have been enhanced to support Custom Content Types. Custom Content Types provide a platform for SuiteCommerce developers to create custom website applications or features that are enabled and managed through the site management tools. Gain better SEO results and increase website traffic with a new Sitemap Generator for your SuiteCommerce web store.
- Merchants using SuiteCommerce InStore can streamline and simplify employee location configuration, login, and identification when working at multiple locations with the Multi-location Employee feature. Audits and cash management can be performed more effectively by tracking in-store cash transactions with more granularity. The Multi-subsidiary Customers feature provides the ability to view and manage customers and their transactions across multiple subsidiaries.
SuiteCloud Platform – Better performance, speed, scalability and the ability to more easily build apps to maximize your business success
- New SuiteCloud Processors maximize throughout, minimize wait times and define priorities for batch processes without manual intervention leading to 17 percent higher utilization and 98 percent reduction in average wait times for scheduled script processing. Enhanced Advanced Printing enables printing of Custom Transactions and Journal entries from the core while allowing for PDF/HTML template customization. SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) is now generally available making it easier for customers and partners to build and deploy SuiteApps.
SuitePeople - The most unified and flexible cloud Core HR Offering
- NetSuite is excited to announce that SuitePeople is now available to all customers. SuitePeople weaves people data throughout the suite, giving businesses complete control over their core HR processes. SuitePeople enables employees to request time off, access employee directories and organizational charts, monitor upcoming vacation schedules and new hires or publicly recognize good work. SuitePeople empowers managers and HR professionals to streamline employee information, new hires, employee onboarding, promotions and compensation changes, all within a single suite.
One of the reasons that NetSuite remains a leading ERP cloud solution in the marketplace is by ensuring that all our customers always get access to the latest technologies and features. This allows them to focus on driving their businesses forward rather than worrying about infrastructure, security, down time and upgrades. By seamlessly delivering two upgrades every year, including all customizations, NetSuite customers are always able to stay ahead of their competition.
Learn more about how NetSuite is delivering more for customer and partners in press release NetSuite Accelerates Growth and Innovation.
Source of the blog: Netsuite blog